Event: Higher Education institutions need to revolutionise their marketing
September 28, 2016
- There are risks facing future university enrolments from the EU.
- Recruiting students is becoming more competitive, and the tools used are changing – university marketing leaders should continue to review budget levels and allocation.
- University leaders need to ask themselves a few key questions to re-align their future strategy.
- Join us at a seminar on Thursday 13 October at 18:00 in central London.
The landscape in which universities must secure the right (and right number of) students is changing quickly.
There are new rules, new tools, new intermediaries and new skills needed. There is a risk to future enrolments from the EU. There is steadily more competition for prospective students' attention both globally and within the UK.
We have recently carried out some research into how universities’ approach to marketing and student acquisition is changing, and into the challenges this brings. This has shown us several trends:
- University marketing and student recruitment spend is growing
- The categories of marketing spend is changing
- The use of intermediaries and partners is rising
- The level of student recruitment focus varies widely and the spread is diverging rather than converging
- Branding is becoming one of the greatest challenges; without differentiation many of a university’s marketing tools are undermined.
This has raised a number of questions that university leaders need to answer:
- What's your university's key differentiator?
- What's your subject focus?
- What segments of students are you pursuing?
- How are you developing your marketing capabilities, whether internally or through partners?
I’ll be launching my findings at a seminar where you’ll hear our team discuss the findings and implications and hear responses from an industry panel which will include:
- Emma Leech, Director of Marketing and Advancement at Loughborough University
- Keith Parkman, General Manager, UCAS Media
- Dan Beynon, Head of Education, SMRS
Aimed at senior higher education professionals involved in strategy, student recruitment or student administration, this event will give you networking opportunities with peers from other organisations as well as gain valuable market insight.
Date: Thursday 13 October 2016
Time: 18:00 – 21:00
Venue: Central London (near Charing Cross rail station)
If you’d like to attend please contact Katie Lowe (email: [email protected]) giving your name, job title, organisation, email address and phone number and she’ll reply with full details. Please note that numbers are limited so places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.