James Pring - Business Recovery Services
James leads our Government and Public Sector work in the South West and Wales. He specialises in turnaround and restructuring, working with organisations and their stakeholders facing major financial challenge or distress. He has over 10 years experience in managing multi disciplinary teams to work alongside management to rapidly develop and then implement realistic recovery plans. James has been based in the South West and Wales market place for the last 8 years, having previously worked in a number of advisory roles in PwC London for 9 years. James covers healthcare engagements nationwide and globally in the sector.
Highlights of James's recent experience include:
- Assisting the management of a number of NHS Trusts in the preparation and implementation of turnaround programmes, leading to the delivery of 7 - 10% cost savings across the organisation.
- Set up and management of a Programme Management Office over 9 months to implement £10m cost savings following the merger of two large European pharmaceutical divisions, through headcount reduction and process harmonisation across a number of countries.
- Numerous rapid cost reduction reviews in public sector organisations, which have identified and subsequently implemented sustainable cost savings. This has included cost savings in the back office, support services and front line areas (without negatively impacting service quality).
- Seconded as Head of Financial Development to a public sector organisation, procuring and implementing a new costing system which helped to identify under-performing business units. This led to a significant turnaround of operational and financial performance.
- Strategic business review of NHS organisations, on behalf of the industry regulator, leading to a re-assessment of programme management arrangements and to workforce cost efficiencies.
- Advising a private sector healthcare provider on taking over the running of an under-performing NHS organisation, including operational analysis and strategy for both growth of clinical services and also opportunities for productivity improvement.
Principal recent industry sector experience includes:
- Public sector - NHS, Education, Local Government and Defence
Email: James Pring
Tel: +44 (0) 117 928 1186