Christmas gift ideas to ensure success for 2017 not just succession
20 December 2016
Christmas is a time of year to think about loved ones. For those working in a family businesses, what better than to think of gift ideas to give the next generation, which will help support their journey into the business.
- A round the world ticket - so they can develop a global perspective and build up their understanding of other markets
- A notebook - for their new ideas (encouraging wealth creation can mitigate some of the issues of wealth preservation)
- A quality watch - representing quality time you are willing to invest in their personal development by mentoring them and sharing your experience
- A relevant 'good gift'- to show you respect the social/humanitarian causes important to them and that you are keen to encourage a transition of values as much as power
- A selection box of chocolates - to represent variety and your support for them gaining experience outside the family business
- An explorer hat - representing adventure and your desire that the next gen should explore new possibilities for the business
- A Russian doll - representing the importance of relationships
- A golden ticket inside a copy of the Roald Dahl book 'Charlie and the Chocolate factory' - representing your keenness that they develop a positive attitude to risk-taking.
- And finally, to give their children something that money can’t buy – direction, guidance and support.
In the next five years it is likely we will see the biggest inter-generational transfer of wealth the modern economy has ever seen. Much of this wealth will take the form of shares in family businesses, which is why a more robust approach to succession planning is such a key priority for the whole family business sector – and indeed for the economies they help sustain. A change of this magnitude poses huge risks, but it’s also opening up immense opportunities, with a new generation in waiting that’s more ambitious, more open-minded, and arguably better prepared than any of those that have preceded it.
To find out more, please join us at our Family Business Survey pre launch event on 21 February at PwC, 7 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2RT. Places are limited, to reserve your place please email: Chantal.firstname.lastname@example.org. Or join us on our launch webcast on 22 February, 3-4pm. Sign up here.
Email: Sian Steele
Tel: +44 (0)122 355 2226